Sunday, April 29, 2007

Rasta Rally

I drove up early Saturday morning to Rhinelander (pit stop in Tomahawk for Dairy Queen of course) and met up with Justin Riebe to set up accomodations and go for a ride on the Hanson Lake Trail System. I gotta tell ya I miss living up there. even the newest and barely put together trails up there are better than most if not all in the Green Bay, Appleton, and Oshkosh areas combined. That makes it so much easier to pack up and move to Wausau. The single is confusing but it's fun and somewhat decent laps around 4.5 miles not too bad.

Sunday was a different story. This course was difficult lots of climbing and even some of it was on the difficult side, this was a great early season test especially now that I know I need to work on my lower back issues since I've been neglecting this area in the weight room.

Now to the good stuff Results and photos.

After a 4-5 year hiatus Justin Riebe grabbed 3 in his age group in the beginner/sport class and better than mid pack overall. Solid effort from him.

I ended up 8th out of 21 in my expert age group and 11th of 43 overall. So a decent effort, but I know what I need to work on. Can't wait for WORS next week. See ya there.

Later
Justin

3 comments:

Sarah Lukas said...

I'm definitely interested in Maplelag now. It's got my full attention. So I'm looking into it a little more but it'd be excellent to do.

Also, that justin riebe looked extremely familiar. Someone I may have known possibly? Does he also live in the tomahawk/merril area?

Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Lund,

I found your website via facebook. I work as a park ranger and come to know a bit about the mountain biking world. I read your post. Impressive! We just hosted a race from the TMBRA..."texas..." Are there some good trails in the fox valley area?

Carney

Jlundo said...

Josh,

Well first of all thanks for allowing the race at the park for whatever involvement you may have had on making that decision. It's getting harder and harder to find race locations as areas get shut down to mountain bikes.

As far as the trails in the fox valley are concerned, there isn't very much at all. We've been traveling to Standing Rocks State Park, and Brown County Resforestation Camp, but places like Calumet County Park are no longer rideable due to tree harvesting.

Take care and thanks for the compliment.