Saturday, April 7, 2007

What's a guy to do?

I'll tell ya what. There are a bunch of races I should be doing this year, but virtually can't due to restrictions on budget from the wedding and a possible move to Wausau Wisconsin.

I would love to do some of the 24 Hours of Adrenalin Races, but there are none to speak of in Wisconsin and would require a rather lengthy road trip amongst other expenses. I also would love to do the Lumberjack 100 but a ferry ride across Lake Michigan is 209 bucks round trip. What's a guy to do. I want to compete against the best in the biz, but I can't get those kinds of funds together to do it.

The WEMS Series is going to be my main focus this year as WORS will always be on the schedule, but if there is an endurance race to be had well that where I am going.

In other news, Nike and Trek Bikes have severed ties going into 08' and rumor has it they may drop cycling all together. My thought, In Nike's eyes, Lance is gone and so is their cash cow. I guess we might as well leave it to the companies that contribute to the cycling community instead of strictly the pro teams cause it all starts in the grassroots of the sport.

More riding completed today and it wasn't very comfortable at all, but it was still on the bike and that's what matters. This season is going to be different. We are going to see who's been defying the odds and training in all conditions compared to those that whine and complain that they can't get out cause it's raining and 40 degrees. We'll see how this works out for ya in Iola punks!

2 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

A bunch of us were out riding in 20 degrees and snow today.

Jlundo said...

Good to see some other folk out there getting some work done. I've got about 14 hours on the bike this week (this is a good amount for me) Glad to see it I guess that's why you guys are elite.