Monday, April 23, 2007

Add some fuel to the fire

I am beyond stoked for the race this weekend. It's been a very long winter and my MTB might be feeling quite neglected by now, but no worries I did manage to get it dialed in this weekend and she's ready to go.

I signed up for the race over in Minnesota in which it will be exciting to race on the same course as the pros like JHK, Geoff Kabush, Shonny Vanlandingham...etc....you get the picture. Those guys and gals race on Saturday so I'll be able to watch and take some snap shots and video. It's a UCI points race so it does mean something, but for me it's an opportunity to get out of Wisconsin and race on some different terrain well sort of it's still Minnesota.

Tonight I wasn't expecting a whole hell of a lot out of my ride considering yesterdays gale force winds, but I some how kept my pace at reasonable level over 37 miles. I don't think I left it all on the road either as I feel fresh and no muscle soreness to speak of, this ought to change after the 15 hill repeats I have planned for Wednesday.

Rasta Rally this weekend.....be there....even if you're not an avid cyclist that's why there is a citizen class. Get out there and ride! I better see some of you guys there. Mountaingoat has an excuse and I can except that, but you other suckas better find a way to get up there unless your doing the Rock Cut race down in Ill-noise.

So I leave you with this

Later

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

Have fun up there this weekend.