Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Man Down

Going out for my usual ride south to Chilton with a little sprinkle of rain prompted me to turn on the lights. Now normally I wouldn't even bring the light with me, but since I started my 48 mile ride at 6 pm I decided to bring it and use it. Good thing I did cause I damn near got ran over by a lady in a Honda CRV.

Here's how it went down.
I was heading north at a pretty good clip. This lady pulls out along side of me to the point of almost being directly to my left I thought whew that was close and just as I thought that she got ahead of me and turned right in front of me without a blinker into the driveway where I nailed her front fender and I hit it so fricken hard it looks like someone took a baseball bat to it. I had busted up the front wheel, carbon fork, handlebars, and my chain ended up where my rear brake is. As far as I go, I'm here, I'm scratched up probably bruised a little, but had I been going a little faster I would have gotten smashed with serious injuries. Now what...I guess it's quality time on the mountainbike until this gets straightened out cause I am not rich by any means I can't just go and buy a new bike to ride tommorow. Like a great company is named, Cars-R-Coffins.

May the Specialized rest in peace!

No comments: