Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

Every year on the 4th of July since I was a Freshman at Tomahawk High School, I've been participating in the Pow-Wow Days 5k/10k fun run. This event has been growing year after year and finally this year we've had the largest turnout with roughly 350 runners from all over the country participating in the three divisions (5k, 10k, and 1 mile fun run). I've placed well throughout the years in preperation for some good ol' lumberjack conference cross country, but this year I got a little dose of reality. I started off in the 5k running a decent 5:18 first mile with the leaders but faded quickly some would look at it as if I bonked, but I looked at as though this was only the first time I raced in shoes that laced up instead of velcro straps. I dropped off the lead group and finished with a time of 20:58 and placing 23rd of 180 runners.

Fun night laps will be ridden at nine mile tommorw night with Jim and Brett. Saturday I think I am going to Hanson Lake in Rhinelander and Sunday I'm either going to explore some new ST at Underdown or back to nine mile. Interested???? Let me know.

No comments: