Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sunburst


Well another good race with another good result down at the Sunburst Ski Area. I got bad start and stuck with the leaders until the first climb where it was clear I was a much better climber and needed a better start so I didn't get held up on the first climb. I moved up quickly through our group but noticed I was caught easily on the downhills honestly for reasons I can't put my finger on. Lap 2 and 3 I felt much better, more fluid in my cadence, hammering on the climbs and my heart rate and breathing was finally under control. The last lap some fatigue set in but I put the chain up in the big ring and pushed through it. I think I had one of my best performances of the year and felt confident in my abilities, but still have some things to work on. Starts and Decending. Other than that I feel pretty good about my singletrack skills. I am very happy with my climbing ability. I am not that far off of where I need to be but like I've said a million times before. A 3rd place finish here and less than 10 minutes back overall which is nice cause I've been struggling in the overall in general this year.

A group of us are going up to chequamegon this weekend. For me this is my inagural trip to the fattire and I gotta tell ya I'm a bit nervous about the road race like start being so close to the competition for miles. Maybe this is the cure for my starts who knows. We'll see how this turns out.

No comments: