Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Chequamegon

What a ride what a weekend. Brett, Jim and I arrived to casa de Jasperson at around 5 on friday just in time to go and register. We ate a big dinner of mostocholi and watched "Off Road to Athens" for inspiration. Needless to say as it got closer to the cannon blowing off I was getting very nervous for this was the first time I made it into the 40. The cold air of friday night/saturday morning was enough to make me focus elsewhere like trying to keep warm.

The cannon goes off and right away we were spinning. I treated this as a warmup since I sat in the car the whole time up till about 15 minutes before the race...not a good idea... I managed to gain control over everything about 30 minutes into the race just past rosies field I decided to kick er down. I was killing it on the climbs and bombing the decents to carry momentum going up the next one and it worked I must have caught a lot of the field after "OO" cause soon I was riding alone and gapped a lot riders not strong on the climbs which is what most of the last 8 or so miles was, so a race like this benefits me the more climbing the better. I am pretty happy with how I did in my first attempt and will look to improve and enter the triple crown next year cause these mass point to point races are a blast.
Results for:Justin LundChequamegon 40
Bib #
1128
Age
26
Gender
M
City, State
Appleton, WI
Team Name:
fdl/osh cyclery/spy
Age Group
M 25-29Split Results
Split
Time
Pace
Hayward to OO
01:04:52.5
14.7 mph
00 to Telemark
01:35:46.2
16.2 mphFinish Results
Finish Time
02:40:38.8
Pace
15.2 mph
Overall Place
271 out of 1766 Chequamegon 40 finishers
Division Place
240 out of 1469 Chequamegon 40 Men finishers
Age Group Place
28 out of 105 M 25-29 finishers

I would also like to recognize a new partnership for 2008 Evomo. They will be covering me from head to toe in some quality threads and really exemplify the image of people who live to ride on the dirt. I would also like to thank Spy Optic, Twinsix, Turner Bikes, Crank Brothers, and Osiris Shoes for their support this season. There is only a few races left in my season then it's off to XC Skiing and Snowboarding.

1 comment:

EVOMO said...

Justin.
thanks for representing Evomo! We are stoked to have you as a sponsored rider.

Your new friends,
EVOMO

ps. Turner Nitrous rocks.