Friday, September 28, 2007

I was Tater Baked


With only 2 races left in the WORS series I was sitting in 4th place and excited to have a spot up front I was ready to make my attempt at another WORS podium. We got off the line with no incident and I knew right away I was not feeling good at all. My HR was maxed out legs felt heavy and my stomach was uneasy...that's right, the lingering effects of the flu. I was riding strong about 2 minutes behind Aaron for most of the first two laps but then I exploded and could notice that immediately on the climbs when I used the granny. I survived even though at times I thought of pulling out knowing full well I didn't have it in me that day, but I held on to get the points and will re-focus going into sheboygan. I have the 6 Hours in the Underdown on Saturday, but am really looking forward to wrapping up the season in Sheboygan and am wondering how the course is going to run with sections in reverse.

No comments: