Saturday, January 26, 2008

2 bowls of cheerios

2 bowls of honey nut cheerios early in the morning and no lunch was not a good idea if I wanted to follow up my 2 hour xc ski friday with a 3 hour today... It's been a while since I bonked this bad. What was I thinking? Well I was thinking I needed to get out and do something since it has been the warmest day at 23 degrees for over a week. I mean roughly a full week or more of negative temperatures sometimes with the wind chill hitting -40, needless to say I watched a few movies on the trainer. I am going to try to sneek out on the snowshoe trails if they properly freeze after the 30 plus degrees tomorrow, I'll be sure to ski again tommorow as well but I'll try this great thing called lunch before I go.

On another note, I will soon have my snowshoes and Garmin. I love the fact that I have yet another method of cross training during the winter plus I got my own equipment to use at bsg quadrathon...5k run to 5k bike to 5k snowshoe and wrapping it up with the 5k xc ski. my drawbacks in this race will be the fact that the xc ski portion i've decided to go classic and rockin the single speed in addition to never being on a pair of snowshoes.....this will be interesting. Wait I'll be doing the classical xc ski race on saturday as well. I'll keep you posted on the results.

keep on keepin on

No comments: