Monday, June 18, 2007

Panic?

Specialized Rockhopper Comp + Horrible Phillips Course = tons of back pain for Justin

Brett and I didn't know that we were going to start the race or not when the rain let up, but when they delayed it 15 minutes it was a decision to make a go of it, but didn't warm up very well. That really didn't matter cause I was feeling pretty loose with tons of energy, but then I got completely thrashed by the terrain of the course more specifically my lower back. Even as i stopped on the side of the trail to recooperate, I took off like a bat out of hell, but as soon as I got to that singletrack section with the roots, rocks, and other terrain generated bumps, I slowed back to citizen pace. I can't blame no one else but myself cause of my method of training. Averaging 160 bpm for 3 hours 5 days a week isn't going to make me fast and powerful, but I'll be able to ride for hours on end at a steady pace and I'm fine with that, but it does effect the results and that is always frustration mentally, and makes it difficult to focus on the big picture 24-9.

I am going to get some more speed work in and cut back the time for the firecracker cause that course really supports my riding style to get a good placing in before the 12 hour rodeo stampede in spooner, but I want to keep putting in the miles before 24-9. It seems as though you can't effectively train for both at the same time and judging by my efforts in phillips it more than confirms that the endurance is there I just need power, or do I. I don't want to risk going backwords on training for the 24 hours of nine mile. See how this is going circles? I am confused.

No comments: