Monday, May 5, 2008

Lost and Found = Iola Recap

Photo Courtesy of Rusty
I gave it a crack and rolled up to the line for my first WORS expert race and I really didn't know what to expect, but that was fine since I didn't have any large lofty goals going into this one considering the fact this course hasn't always been nice to me and there were so many unknowns about starting, pacing, and so on, but as usual I end up losing focus on all of that as quickly as I lost focus in my contacts so after 20+ seconds of screwing around that I am off again and chasing the five guys that went by and caught 2 in which one I think Jerrod was his name wanted to trade me lungs for tech...sometimes I would definitely take that in a second as I am still trying to improve those skills and appreciated the comment to be honest. Second and third laps were uneventful as my lower back started to act up. Fourth lap brought caffeine which set up for a great fifth lap and finished with fresh legs which should not have happened lets just say I need a good dose of learning how to deal with the pain train for the entire duration of the race or maybe I am just a slacker...who knows.
So with that being said I know I could have done better than 17th in my group, but hey I went through this very same thing 4 years ago and bounced back to a 4th place finish so we'll see what happens as it's the start of an exciting year.
The next stop on the WORS dirt circuit is Treadfest in Lake Geneva. Hope to see ya there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your starting your race season, I'm ending mine for the summer in a week. I am looking at that picture and wondering where you guys pass each other.

Unknown said...

When you say "climbs" how high do those get out there?

I start racing again around the end of September with an Epic Rides event then a three race Autumn series finished up with a dawn to dusk race. Then a month off in December and our state series starts up again. I do want to do the four day stage race in Brian Head at the end of August. I will see if I can talk anyone else to go up there with me to split the cost of a condo.