Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Treadfest 2008



I wasn't sure what the weather was going to bring to the Lake Geneva area, but as luck would have it, the rain held off on race day.

I didn't know what to make of the race as I was still sore from the weeks workouts and felt lazy rolling up to the start, but on the plus side I was claritin clear as I continued to fight off the allergies and lung issues stemming from it.

Anyway, I actually got off to a decent start but fell back on the climb as the lactic acid built up fast. I had time to recover on the first drop as there was a logjam and by that time the lead group was gone and by the time I got to the colorado heartbreaker I was already 3 minutes or so back and not riding in the big ring to make a long story short the first lap was the worst of the five. I finished in about the same placing once again but I know my better rides are ahead of me and this weekend in kewaskum and rhinelander will tell a different story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Short and sweet. Were you feeling good about the result for this time of the season?

Unknown said...

Got to love the Claritin. Life sucks without it.