Monday, August 20, 2007

WORS "Muddy" Cup




The WORS Cup has come and gone. Special thanks to Rox and Don for their support during the race and the hand up it was greatly appreciated.




The elites were welcomed to okay course conditions which continued 4 of the 5 laps and then things turned sloppy t-brown looked like he snapped a chain and matter had a flat. Jesse and Marko took 1st and 2nd, way to go!




The comp race was shortened to three laps and with good reason. The ruts were deep and completely wore my front disc brake pads down to nothing. The Nitrous did perform well, but did collect mud disabling my rear wheel from spinning, but this may have been the case for the better part of the field enduring the conditions. As I was coming through on lap 3 I merged with the start of the Sport race. I lost so much time and did a lot of unessesary walking, but I was still feeling quite strong picking off sport riders left and right and was also feeling strong on the climbs allowing me to catch a few more comp riders before the finish including the final climb. I crossed the finish just over 2 hours in 4th place 25-29 and 27th overall. Landon has also continued to retain the Cliff Bar Comp Leaders Jersey with his 2nd place performance. I am glad I finished




Short track and Super-D were both cancelled after the riders meeting Sunday morning which may have been for the better considering Saturday nights activities included some heavy carbo loading in the name of New Glarus and thanks to Justin at Gen-X for some shots of Jameson. It was a good time hanging out with both the Gen-X and Polska crew. It was a great time with some pretty good music. Despite the conditions I would consider the event a success Thanks to Don (Mr. WORS himself) and their volunteers for braving the elements so that we could destroy our rigs on a great course.




Now the rebuild and re-cabling begins for what the weather channel is predicting a nice weekend for once in Rhinelander for the final marathon series race. See ya then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at Camp Tesomas! That Jamo left me dragging all day yesterday. Great to kick it with Muddy Cup, Polska, you and some of the others that stuck around for the Irish pain in a bottle. Spin fast!

Gen X Justin