Thursday, August 9, 2007

It never ends

I've been skipping out on the racing scene in hopes that the tendonitis in my right knee subsides so I've been doing the ibuprofen thing to keep the swelling down, stretching more often before and after the ride as well as wearing an icepack on my knee till I go to sleep. The pain doesn't bother me I've been used to it from years past it's the fact that it doesn't allow me put down as much force as I would normally on the flats, but climbing is okay. Since regaining my focus on training I haven't missed a ride at all this week and things are seeming quite normal aerobically, but now it's time to work on my anerobic power, but only time and my knee will be the telling story of whether or not I am successful.

After taking a look at Scoletrain's pictures, I am REALLY looking forward to the WORS Cup and competing in all of the events minus the gravity stuff. I am going to really test the limits of the Nitrous. I am looking forward to a lot of climbing I am talking at least the amount of climbing that Devils Head had to offer, but not sure how much we would be climbing per lap compared to that of my previous favorite course at Devils Head. No rain would also be nice but I would love for it to be in the 80's or even do I dare say it....90's. I am all in for a sufferfest just no bike damage.

Anyway, I will be making the WORS Cup and the rest of the WORS season. I will also be doing Chequamegon, Stump Farm 12, 12 Hours of Thunderdown, I may even give cyclocross a shot this year if the wife allows me to build another bike. I've got bonus money coming from work and it's time to spend it. Definitely will get some of this and a new crank for the nitrous. May also do some XTR upgrading as well.

No comments: