Wednesday, December 13, 2006

This Week in Wisconsin

What the hell is going on here. There is exactly 12 days left till Christmas day and guess what NO SNOW! I guess that's what happens when you have millions of snobby socker moms driving oversized SUV's because the feel more "safe" this boosts global warming. Meanwhile I am scared shitless whenever I come near one that the driver is clearly putting on make up, talking on her cell phone, reaching back to smack around the kids cause they wont stop screaming (can you blame 'em I would to if I knew my life was in constant danger). I'll never forget what happend this past summer when I was riding out to High Cliff State Park for some hill intervals I nearly got clipped by an middle aged woman in an explorer who was doing all of the above mentioned activities and it was so clear since she nearly hit me after running a stop sign. Anyway, guess where she ends up meeting me again....High Cliff State Park she rides up on my rear wheel and almost goes around when there is another vehicle coming at me. She has enough nerve to roll up along side of me roll down her passenger window and tell me that I need to pay attention to where I am going. I about lost it and she was not a small woman by any means so my comment was simply this "Thanks, but if I were you I would pay attention to those stop signs....and by the looks of it your weight to" Morale of the story... don't rag on a cyclist, especially if you've had one too many big macks...you will get burned.

I can't stand this weather. I think I would like it more if there were some daylight after a day at the office so that I can ride, but lets face it folks it's just not safe at night during the winter, nobody is expecting to see a bike out there. I need snow for XC Skiing, Snowboarding, and peace of mind.

The workouts in the weight room are going very well. I can noticeably see the difference in my physique and how cut some of the muscle tissue has become especially the calfs and shoulders. I am excited to begin my transformation to a endurance racer, but have a lot of key decisions to make. I will keep you informed on that stuff as it changes.

I was a little on the long winded side today, but what else am I going to do? Wont be snowboarding!

Later!

No comments: