Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday, Doctors, Chiropractors, Anti Chaffing Cream? Race Season is about to blow up

In the spirit of Friday being my day off I..... Went to the chiropractor and got cracked a little bit, visited the doctor for some much needed maintainence and check up, stopped at starbucks and topped off my fluid levels, worked out a deal to get support from Brave Soldier and finally in the spirit of training for mountain bike marathons, I had a marathon conversation via phone with my pops. I have yet to get on the bike and clean a little around house before sam gets back home, but hey it's Friday....who "works" on a friday anyway?

Doctor visit went better than expected after the little scare I had with a irregular heart beat as the EKG showed no serious problems, but with a blood pressure of 142/84 I was quite high.. and may need to check for hypertension. This I think may be due to adding Lawrys to everything short of the apple juice i am drinking right now. Other than that I am quite healthy and can continue on my daily ritual of abusing my body in prep for some Sea Otter and Trans Iowa action. I still have to go back for some labs for thyroids (not to be confused with hemroids) glucose testing and standard lipid profile as well. Oh and a tetanus shot to boot so rusty nails wont hold me back either.


Also, added to the fold, is some support from Brave Soldier. Good dependable brand to keep my time in the saddle a comfortable one. It will truly be put to the test come Trans Iowa. I like their products and look forward to all the comfortable time I am about to spend on my favorite trails (mainly nine mile and standing rocks)

A little more about brave soldiers Friction Zone


Endurance sports formula. Superior anti-chafing. Cold water and sweat resistant. Occlusive silicone/botanical barrier protects and conditions skin for hours. Helps prevent blisters and reduce rash irritations. No petrolatum so safe for wet suits. Long lasting protection from any sports activity where gear chafing of your skin is a problem.

Well that's it for now I found some new material from C-Monster.  (It's all Marko's Fault)


3 comments:

GRIESE.J said...

Hey man are you commisioned on the Brave soldier? I was thinking 'bout trying them/it as I wish to try new product..

Let me know,

Also shoot me a heads up on when Standing rocks opens up.Or nine for that matter too. Thanks Best of luck this year.

Be well

Chris said...

Hey -- I had an irregular heartbeat scare a while back too -- turns out, it's a sign that I'm catching a cold. Only happens 1-2x/year, but yeah, it sucks!

GRIESE.J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.