Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Skating...We'll Leave it at That

So now after swearing off skate skiing I gave it another shot and finally...this time...it's better.  I can at least surpass the time it normally takes on the classics which makes it worth sticking with.  The one problem I am having is going up hill which at time it seems like I come to a complete stop so if anybody has any pointers let me know.  

I think this is going to be a better form of training for me due to the power it takes as compared to striding.  It's almost like striding is awesome for aerobic while skating is great for building power.  Well I'll just stick with it as it can only get better from here....right?

2 comments:

L5 Racing said...

Justin you need to start roller skiing this summer. It's a great way to visit your local ER. Hey on a serious note we are looking for guys like you or friends you know that would be good reps. for GT. Info is up on my site. Good luck at Otter.

brett ebben said...

The only way I can figure out how to climb is to walk uphill with my skis pointed wide and facing outward. It is awkward, but out west, I have been skiing uphill a fair amount.