Monday, June 2, 2008

EVOMO @ Big Ring Classic '08


A race on the home course was to be somewhat of a turning point for the 2008 season and while my legs had that snap I needed to convince me that I was ready to have my first breakthrough ride of the year. I would find out later that the course had other plans for me and many many others as well.

All week long I was feeling pretty sluggish and felt no power after the WEMS opener 12 solo last weekend, but after pre-riding on Saturday and Sundays warm up I had no idea and when this happens I am usually on top of my game. The start went as planned got to the outside and hammered until I started to feel lactic and heavy legged and settled into a rhythm from there. As the mad dash wore off I began to pick up riders on the climb and continued on to lap number two where I really started to pick up the pace some 2 minutes faster than the first lap and on lap 3 as things were going just as well I cut the sidewall and along the bead. The stans sealed both enough to make it just in time to cross the finish but with riding gingerly through ho chi minh to keep what air I had left in it on laps 3 and 4 I had managed to lose the group I worked so hard to drop earlier on and with that 8 minutes as well. I did catch some of the bunch but some were just out of reach. I did have my best WORS overall placing and have a good amount of confidence going into the Lumberjack.

I am a little dissapointed that they didn't use the trail across redbud or the pines between the start finish or even the flower trail, but thats okay I live 10 minutes away. I do plan on riding Saturday at the Underdown trails towards Tomahawk and maybe Smokin Spoke on Sunday if the weather cooperates.

No comments: