Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sold Out

The field is set for the 2008 Lumberjack 100 as registration is sold out. Plenty of familiar faces and names will be in the field such as Eatough, the O'Dea's, Simonster, Mr Scoletrain, Musto, the list goes on but what a field. No Landis is shown though. He's scared of me as much of a monster I am and I can respect that (i'm kidding). It would be nice to have seen more of the Wisconsin folk make it out there, but with the Subaru Cup taking place, it's understandable considering how much I enjoyed it last year...yes even the Jameson that Gen-X Justin was so gracious to share with many of us.

Right now, many, including myself, have motivation and spring on the brain. I did like Scott's list of motivation as it got me to think of what has been keeping me going all winter with the skiing and biking on the snowshoe trails in single digit temperatures with Nirvana's "In Bloom" rockin out on the IPod. There is just this satisfaction of knowing that at 10pm on a Saturday night most people my age are either playing Warcraft on the computer or at the bar doing the 12 oz bicep curl and looking for their baby mamma. Nope not me I am just one guy out on a bike and in this case with only one fricken speed. Only car in the parking lot is mine but you would never know it's me even if you parked next to me, however, it's safe to assume. I am really looking forward to the 2008 season to begin as I know at least one thing will happen for sure and that's simply the fact that the snow will be history....finally! Happy Trails and I look forward to seeing you all at either Rock Cut or Iola.

No comments: